· Friday 8th December – Thomas Tosh, Thornhill 7.30pm full concert.
· Saturday 9th December – Cresset Hall, Loch Arthur, Beeswing 3pm short concert.
· Saturday 9th December – St Georges Hall, 50 George St, Dumfries DG1 1EJ 7pm. full concert
· Sunday 10th December – Dunscore Church 2pm full concert.
· Saturday 6th January – Keir Village Hall, Keir, Thornhill DG3 4DE 3pm short concert. Ticket includes afternoon tea
· Saturday 6th January – Glencairn Memorial Institute, Moniaive 7.30pm full concert.
Come sing with us!
Cairn Chorus new term begins with our fantastic taster day on Sunday September 3rd 10.30 to 3.30 in Glencairn Memorial Institute Chapel street Moniaive. The Cost for the day is £15
We go through each of the songs we’ll be singing in the coming months. Tea and Coffees provided and bring a lunch to share.
No audition. No experience necessary
All welcome to our lovely, friendly community choir.
Term dates The term starts on the 7th of September with a break on the 19th of October We meet each Thursday from 7.30 to 9.30pm in the Institute.
Performance dates. For your dairies the Concerts are the weekend 8th to 10th December and Sat 6th January
Some other dates
- Thursday 14th of December Cairn Chorus will be singing as part of the SANDS Christmas concert Crichton Church
We look forward to seeing you all, and maybe some new faces, on the 3rd.
Please spread the word we are always looking for new members
For more info contact Kate on 07599 900 741 or Wendy on 07891 788 306
Here’s the Dunscore performance of Rise up Singing
‘Rise Up Singing’ this Spring
Photo from the Travellers far from home performance at Dunscore church
Cairn Chorus – This Spring
CHARTIST HYMNS AND RELATED SONGS
CHOIR WORKSHOP WITH PAUL GUPPY
SUNDAY 5 FEBRUARY 10.00-16.00
MONIAIVE INSTITUTE £20/ £25
“What a wonderful concert.My friend and I loved it and felt so
glad to be there, 3 years since the last one! It was a joyful
programme and a very moving one too. We had lumps
in our throats throughout. Please pass on
our congratulation to everyone concerned.”
Member of Saturday’s Loch Arthur audience
We are now able to meet again on a regular basis back in our base at the Institute in Moniaive. It’s not quite like the olden days where we could be close together but at least we are back!
We are preparing to sing to welcome Storm when she comes to Dumfries on October 16th – more of that later.
Cairn Chorus is a community performance choir based in Moniaive, Thornhill, Dumfries and Galloway. Founded in 2007 the intention was to encourage the joy of singing as an inclusive community activity.
Choir members hail from all corners of Dumfries and Galloway and learn the songs by ear and/or sheet music. We strive to perform without the use of files as we believe that by learning the material we can engage more effectively with the audience and thus give a more lively performance.